Diary // Me // About // Exits

20.11.08

Looking for Inspiration? Patti Smith has it all.

Singer, poet & song-writter. She was friends with Andy Warhol, Robert Mapplehorpe's muse, and inspiration for great musicians such as Michael Stipe (R.E.M). First it was her music I was only in love with, but then that love grew more intense. See, I have the habit of collecting pictures of artists (usually musicians). She was wearing all these masculine clothes with such attitude that really really amazed me and it was inevitable to fall in love with the personality she shows trough her style. I mean, the ripped or rolled up jeans, the baggy tees, the lace up boots, the bowler hat, the socks over her trousers, the blazers... isn't she perfect?


PS. The handsome guy next to her in a couple of pictures is the talented photographer I talked you about a couple lines above, Robert Mapplehorpe.

14 comentarios:

Trish dijo...

OMG. Your blog is really cool! I love it!

Jaime Jun dijo...

aww thank you! you're seriously a sweetie, you got me feeling flattered :)oh and by the way this seriously is greaat inspiration!

Sindy dijo...

thanks for the comment :). the book is on sale at amazon for only $23.10! ( compared to the usual $35 at bookstores )

Song of Style dijo...

the pictures are wonderful.

WendyB dijo...

Weirdly, she's never had a huge appeal for me. I kind of appreciate her from a great distance.

jaleh behtash dijo...

YES! patti smith! such an inspiration but in a very unique way

Miss Urbanita dijo...

Good selection!

Cate dijo...

You're right. Sometimes I get really obsessed with one person's style - at the moment it's Clémence Poésy - and Patti Smith might just be the next. I love her music too.

ellie dijo...

You just know they are so artistics. Very cool post.

crystal dijo...

She is so rocker!

Cate dijo...

About your last comment on my post: No, my school isn't religious either. There are also atheists or people who have other religions at our school. Just for the Christians there is Religion class, and for the atheists or the ones that have other religions there is Ethics class.
And I bought my shoes at a shopping centre in Prague! I saw similar ones at a shoe shop here in Germany too, they were by a Spanish brand. But my shoes are by a Polish brand.

Irene (capuccinobar) dijo...

subes unas fotos mas chulas
x

LOVE AESTHETICS dijo...

I love her face, its really od in a pretty way

Anónimo dijo...

i love patti's music